Companies imported cargo from Asia into the U.S. in 16.4 million TEU’s of containers in 2017. My program provides the lowest fixed rates for import FCL cargo containers moving from Asia to the U.S. I’m proud to say that as of January 4, 2018, over 98% of containers dedicated to my fixed rate program moved at the fixed rate level.
The program objective is for the importer to achieve 1) their lowest potential annual import FCL freight spend, and 2) reliable factory-to-warehouse lead times. This is realized through a combination of fixed rate and variable rate contracts covering over 800,000 TEU’s of space on ships traveling from Asia to the U.S.
My clients did not suffer the severe spike in rates that permeated the US import market during 2016-2017.
My clients also enjoy spot rates: 1) during periods that spot rates drop below fixed rates, and 2) during peak demand periods where flexibility and unconstrained capacity is required.
Importers who do not use both the fixed FCL market and the spot FCL market and are missing out on cost-saving opportunities, as well as capacity opportunities.
Importers who do not use all of the fixed rate services are exposing their supply chain to the risk of rate increases and delayed sailings as ships become overbooked.
Managers involved in planning and executing a company’s imports, more than ever, need to become experts on the transportation segment of the import supply chain.
Importers also need to adopt a more sophisticated import supply chain system of partners, processes, and technology.
- The import supply chain system must be designed to give the importer the capability to transform the complexities into a competitive advantage, but, at the same time, avoid risks that put the import supply chain in jeopardy.
Implementing the appropriate import supply chain system consists of:
- Aggressively manage and optimize annual ocean freight spend by designing FLEXIBILITY into the system
- Manage RISK in the import supply chain
- Increase on-time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Create accurate and detailed end-to-end visibility
- Control and manages lead times.
- Reduce inventory and safety stock
According to an April 2014 report by Deloitte:
- 79 percent of organizations with superior supply chain capabilities (“supply chain leaders”) achieve revenue growth that is significantly above average
- Only 8 percent of the organizations with lower performing supply chains (“supply chain followers”) have above-average revenue growth
- 69 percent of supply chain leaders have an EBIT margin that is significantly above average compared to only nine percent of supply chain followers… more about this survey.
Improve the performance of your supply chain by implementing a modern and flexible importing strategy. Be a supply chain leader, not a supply chain laggard.
As an industry professional, I work with companies importing, who want to transform their supply chain into a competitive advantage. Contact me for a free initial consultation.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 402-871-6234